Apple, pear, strawberry, column, hourglass...there are general guidelines when choosing clothes to enhance and flatter your shape.
Posts tagged “Shape”
It’s hot, hot, hot and you want to stay cool.Long floaty maxi dresses are great, but for many of us (who don’t have a thigh gap) hot weather and dresses just don’t cut it because of the hell that is often referred to as ‘chub rub’, inner thigh chafing.
If you suffer from this you know how uncomfortable it can be.
Me and my trusted gang of researchers in the Let's Chat Wardrobe Wobbles group on Facebook have been on the interweb for you and found a few possible solutions that might help widen your wardrobe choices this summer and beyond.
Talc/talc free alternatives
A low cost, portable option that your nana might have used back in the day
Longline pants/cycling shorts
Not the sexiest thing in the world but neither is red raw skin
The ‘sexy’ solution - make sure you order the right size though or they roll up or fall down
As with clothing styles some shapes and styles of swimwear will help you feel more confident if there are parts of your body that you would prefer to disguise. Certain cuts and styles are going to enhance your assets too.This content will be shown in the summary on the main blog page.
If you are looking for swimwear, the shops are starting to get stock in for the summer, buy early as they tend to sell out quickly especially online, in my experience. Here are a few tips for you…
• Invest in bra sized swimwear if you are well endowed
• Solid colour side panels give the illusion of a smaller middle
• Mix and match tops and bottoms to suit your body shape
• Shorts styles can make your legs look shorter/wider
• Strapless and bandeau styles are best for smaller boobs and shoulders
• Wide straps will make your shoulders look smaller
• Heavily patterned tankini tops disguise spare tyres
• Swim dresses are good for creating balance if your shoulders are wide
• Triangle bikini tops and halter necks are good for column shapes
• Brief skirts (all in one) are good if you are conscious of your hips/thighs