Posted on 29th May 2018 at 16:44
When it's hot we just aren’t used to it here in Blighty. The heat and sun is all well and good if you are lazing around in the garden or on holiday. Then a vest top and shorts or a sundress are fine.
But what do you wear to work?
What is acceptable to wear to the office or to meet clients?
Here are my tips for dressing professionally even when it is scorchio…
1) wear lighter neutrals – white, tan, taupe, grey or a crisp white and navy combo
2) wear nude underwear if you are wearing light colours – it does not show through clothes as much as white
3) keep your fabrics light weight but not too lightweight or floaty
4) cotton, linen and silk are good, linen blended with something will crease less
5) the more skin you show, the more casual you will look
6) think light layers if you are going from heat outside to cool air con (nippy is not good)
7) only go without hosiery if it’s appropriate